"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief...and of unspeakable love."
~Washington Irving

Ryan's Story

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Counting my blessings


I am working tonight on counting my blessings. I got another call from the doctor's office today (I dread those calls) and I have now been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I really want to throw a pity party for myself because I feel like I can't catch a break, but instead I am going to remind myself how blessed I am.

I am blessed to have a wonderful husband who has been very supportive through a trying time.
I am blessed to be the mother of two boys.

I am blessed by an incredible support system of family, friends, church members and even strangers who are keeping my family in their prayers.

I am blessed to have a home that keeps my family safe and dry.

I am blessed to have a job, though at times stressful, it has given me the opportunity to work with some wonderful people.

I am blessed that my husband has a job (and that his kidney stones are gone!)

I am blessed to have some incredible doctors taking care of me and Ryan.

I am blessed by moments of laughter, smiles and even tears.

I am blessed.




Thought I would include some recent family fun pictures as a reminder of the good moments.




3 comments:

  1. You sweet thing. Keep your head up. Let me know if you guys want to met for dinner at ChickFilA or something. Keep Sean busy... :-) Maybe Monday evening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures Jenny! I am blessed to know YOU and have YOU as a part of my life!
    If you need anything let me know. I've had GD twice now. If you need a meter (OneTouch) and test strips, I've got a bunch that you can have. Just let me know. I can give you some of my wonderful GD diet tips too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the Gestational Diabetes. I promise not to bring in anymore desserts :) You guys continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete