"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief...and of unspeakable love."
~Washington Irving

Ryan's Story

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Boxes

A small box with a green ribbon being carried by a women. Not noticed by most, but heartbreaking to some. How does it come to be that I leave work at the same time a family's hopes, dreams, love is being carried out...

In a moment, I am back in September. Back, sitting in a funeral home looking at a satin covered box that holds my hopes, dreams, love. Back standing beside that small box helping Sean say goodbye to his baby brother, smoothing down my baby's hair, trying to accept that he is being held in the arms of God. I am sitting in a cemetery singing Amazing Grace, placing a rose on that little box and saying goodbye. Holding my husband's hand and grasping for hope.

One little box...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment