We have been together for over half of my life. You are one of God's greatest blessings in my life. You have loved me at my worst and stood beside me at my best. You have cried with me, laughed with me, and been angry at the world with me. I am proud of our family and there is no one that I would rather raise my son with than you. We both know that our relationship is far from perfect and we have had our share of "discussions", but you have shown me through your words and actions, your dedication to our marriage and our family.
Your hands held mine when we said our vows. Your hands held mine when we welcomed Sean to our family. Your hands held mine when we received the news that Ryan would not come home with us. Your hands held Ryan and cradled him in his short but significant life. Your hands held mine when we said goodbye to Ryan. Your hands held mine at his funeral. Your hands hold my heart.
Thank you for loving me, for loving our children. Thank you for always standing beside me.
"We're dancing in the minefields
We're sailing in the storm
This is harder than we dreamed
But I believe that's what the promise is for
So when I lose my way, find me
When I lose love's chains, bind me
At the end of all my faith, till the end of all my days
When I forget my name, remind me
'Cause we bear the light of the Son of Man
So there's nothing left to fear
So I'll walk with you in the shadowlands
Till the shadows disappear
'Cause he promised not to leave us
And his promises are true
So in the face of all this chaos, baby,
I can dance with you"
~Dancing in the Minefields by Andrew Peterson
No comments:
Post a Comment