Sometimes things just hit you in the gut. At church today, the message felt like it was just for me. I know it touched home for others, but it was close to my heart. Understanding God's grace.
"God loves you no matter what"
The little light in the darkness. The tiny hope in moments of despair.
The darkness - how well I know it. The despair, the moments of heart-wrenching sadness. Screaming in the shower, allowing the tears to fall and blend with the water pouring down. The deep ache waking every morning, feeling the swolleness of my pregnant belly, knowing that my son was still with me but then remembering that he was destined for his eternal home. And now, the ache of empty arms.
Depression, despair, darkness. But inspite of it all, the mornings still come. I still wake up, get up, and take that first step. I still smile, find moments of joy, hope and laughter. All from the grace of God. That small light, the hints of joy, hope, they are reminders of God's love and grace. For in those darkest moments, it was faith, the belief in His unwavering love and grace, that gave me the courage to get up and face another day. Faith and belief that my son is in God's arms and I will see him again.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28 (NIV)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment