Clutter resolution update!
I have not been doing as well as I would have liked dealing with the physical clutter in my home, but I have made some progress! I had done a lot of cleaning and purging back in January, and the bags of items to be donated (large black trash bags!!!) have been hanging out in the entry way. I am pretty sure that is not a design element that will be implemented into others homes!!!
A few weeks ago, in preparation for having a house guest (one of the only motivators to get me to do a good cleaning of my house!), we moved the bags and loaded them in the back of my husband's car. They stayed there for quite awhile as great decoration for a car! This past weekend though, we finally dropped them off at a donation center!!! Progress! Of course there are already a few small bags of donation items back in my entry way, maybe it will become a decorative item!
The one big accomplishment, though, was taking about 75 clothing items that Sean has outgrown to a massive kids resale event! The great thing is that this helped motivate me to clean out the closest where I shove every shirt, pants, shoes, socks, toys or other misc baby/kid item that Sean has outgrown! At the same time, it will hopefully help address our financial clutter! Any amount made from the resale (no high expectations!) will be used to help pay off debt. Any thing to chip away at it! My husband picks up a lot if extra hours at work to help with it, so I feel pretty guilty not always being able to contribute extra. Yes, I work full time, so I contribute, but my husband works an insane amount! So that was my start to find my own little way to help!
It feels good to be chipping away at the clutter in my life, even if it is not happening as quickly as I would like!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment