Just when I am having a moment of my own pity party or sometimes when I am having an "okay" moment, Sean often finds a way to remind me of his loss. Today when driving him home from daycare, he was chatting to himself in the backseat and I heard him mention "his brother who is not in Heaven". I asked what he had said and he informed me that he has another brother who is "not in Heaven yet" that lives at his orange house (brief aside - Sean has an imaginary orange house that is his home and he plans to live there on his own when he is 10). He told me that this brother laughs all the time. I asked if his brother has a name and he said "Eli" just like his friend's little brother.
Sometimes it is the fact that Sean lost his little brother that hurts the most. Though I know there would have been times of jealousy and sibling rivalry, there would have also been that "brotherly love" and tackles and fights and everything that having a brother is all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment