"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief...and of unspeakable love."
~Washington Irving

Ryan's Story

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy list!




Another weekend (as I am a day late!), another happy list! Still a great way for me to focus on the positive moments from the past week.

A nice Friday commute (both to and from work!). To fully understand the happiness, you must know that I only drive about 20 miles each way, but easily takes 50 minutes to an hour. To add to that, Sean rides with me. Now, I love having that time with my son but when traffic is barely moving and I am stressed about getting to work on time, or exhausted after a long day of work, the never ending questions of a 4 year old, can grate on the most patient nerves. So anytime the commute ends up taking less time, especially on a Friday, it is a happy moment!!!

Follow that with some time to myself this morning!!! Just to ride in the car, sing to my own music with no one listening or just having some moments of silence!!

Family time - last weekend at day out with Thomas (dream come true for a 4 year old little boy!)



and then a crawfish festival (for my other boy) today!






A girls night! Always a much needed and much enjoyed evening that includes good food and DESSERT! I love sweets!

The anticipation of a day off (more to come next week!)

Great friends who took the initiative to form a team for the March for Babies in memory of Ryan (more to come on that as well!)

All in all, a pretty good week! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. What a great list! I love alone time in the car...even if for me it's only like 5 minutes. Glad you had a good week. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list!!! Your family time pics are very cute!! Dessert is just fabulous isn't it? Yay for a day off!!! I'm so glad you are doing the March for Babies! I'll be doing the walk as well in honor of Aiden!

    Don't forget to add your link to the original post on my page so you're on the list!!!! It's open until midnight tonight!

    ReplyDelete