Both of my sons' names were chosen during pregnancy. We never made a list and I can't even remember what other names made the list for either of our boys!
Sean Mi
My husband came up with the name Sean just out of nowhere and it just felt right! Of course, at the time he did not share with me that he came up with the name from Sean Connery!!!! After we ha decided on the name Sean, I looked up the meaning and it just fit - God is gracious. What a perfect name from our gift. We were so blessed by Sean.
Sean's middle name, Micheal, he shares with his daddy (also his middle name). I actually just looked up the meaning of Michael (hadn't before because, he was just carrying on his daddy's name) and it means - like God/gift from God. Sean is definitely a gift from a gracious God.
R
yan JamesWe had not picked out or even discussed names during the early part of my pregnancy with Ryan. We were holding off on the discussion until we knew if we were having a boy or girl. Then we got hit by the bombshell of a fatal diagnosis on the same day we learned we were going to have another son. The day after we received this news, my husband and I were out trying to be "normal" and eating lunch at the cheesecake factory (I like to try to cope with good food). Sitting at that table, I told my husband that I needed to name my son. Within minutes we knew his name. Please don't think that we came up with a name quickly because it didn't matter, we came up with a name quickly because it was the perfect name for our child. Neither Ryan or James was a name that we had ever discussed before, but they were placed on our hearts. When I looked up the meaning of the name Ryan, it brought tears to my eyes - little king (thus Our Little King). How perfect the name was. Our son was diagnosed with a fatal form of dwarfism, but no matter how small his stature, he would rule our hearts. His importance does not lie in his size or the length of his life, his legacy will be much greater.
I did not realize at the time and only recently learned that James is a family name - from my great grandfather. James is normally listed as meaning supplanter, but I prefer the meaning - grasping at the heel. It reminds me of how Ryan grasped to life to have those moments with us. How he fought to take those few breathes.
The names for our boys never came from a list, they just came, almost as if they choose us.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Ryan James is perfect for him!
ReplyDeleteThat is how Emily's name was. It was like the Lord had chosen the name for her. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful, beautiful names! James is the middle name for our first son, Matthew, also. I love it.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss...
Such beautiful names and love to hear the story behind them... thank you for sharing xoxo
ReplyDelete