"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief...and of unspeakable love."
~Washington Irving

Ryan's Story

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy Moments


Excited to be sharing another list of happy moments! As I mentioned in my list last week, I had a day off!!!!! It was a random, Tuesday, and it was the first time I just took a day off for me. I really needed it (I probably need a mental health week!). I used my day to treat myself to a manicure and pedicure! Look - still looking good!



On Friday, when picking Sean up from daycare, one of the boys in his class walked right up to me and handed me this picture. May seem a little strange, but I can explain (well, why it was significant, not why he knew to give it to me ~ that explaination belongs to someone greater than me). When I sat down with Sean to explain to him that his little brother would not be able to come and grow up with him, he asked a few questions, then when satisfied, hopped off the chair, picked up his stuffed lion and named him Ryan. That stuffed lion was then placed by Ryan's casket at his graveside service. Needless to say, there is a special place in my heart for little lions.



Another weekend, another family outing! This time to the arts festival in our town, we are there every year! Here is my little artist (if you look, you might notice a football theme!).




The best moment of the week was this morning. When I was joined by 6 friends to walk at the March for Babies in memory of Ryan. I had been hesitant about doing the walk, for several different reasons to long to explain in this list. But a few weeks ago, I was approached by a co-worker who asked if I would want to do the walk and if I would mind if a group walked in Ryan's memory! I was so touched and still hesitant, but decided to go for it and I am so glad I did. It was a great experience and I am already thinking about next year!



Hoping everyone has a happy week!



3 comments:

  1. Love you list and especially your walk for Ryan... such a wonderful thing to do in his memory. Also love the story about lions and one of Sean's playpals giving you a lion... very special. Love always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you chose to walk for Ryan. It's amazing how little things make us feel connected to our angels.

    I also wanted you to know you won one of the giveaways. Email me rcalderon2629@gmail.com with your address. I am excited to send a copy of the book Knocked Up, Knocked Down your way.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list- the Walk for Ryan sounds like it went very well!!! Your t-shirts are sooo cute! The arts festival looks like fun!!! And that little lion is just too adorable! Thank you so much for sharing your list!

    Hope you have a great week!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete